Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cookbook Countdown (A New Cooking/Baking Event)

Welcome to Cookbook Countdown!
A monthly cookbook event starting January 2016.

I'm co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Emily of Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray. If you are like us, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that. Join us at Cookbook Countdown. How to join in? Here's our flexible and simple rules :


  • Select any cookbook that you've already own. This book shall be your cookbook of the month.
  • You may cook/bake any recipes from that chosen book and as many recipes as you want, for the month. 
  • You may chose to publish or not to publish the recipes, whichever works for you.
  • Posts must be current, mention in your posts, the book that you will be using for the month. 
  • Link your posts to the linky which can be found at either of the hostess's blog. Please mention the following in your posts with a link back to us, "I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown hosted by Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray".

That's it! Simple and flexible! Time to get those books off the shelves and join us at 

Cookbook Countdown starting on January 1st 2016





14 comments:

  1. Oh what fun, Joyce! I may even be able to participate every once in a while since I plan on getting back to blogging in 2016 and rekindling Cookbook Wednesdays too!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Joyce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently started taking out my ever growing collection of cookbooks and trying out the recipes...will definitely join in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhh, I have been going through my selected cookbook for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, this is a perfect cookdown/bakedown!! I have so many cookbooks, the shelves are bursting already :) And I realised I haven't cooked from most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I love this! Now I will be motivated to pick a cookbook and try as many recipes as I can. It's time to get my dusty cookbooks out of the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my New Year's resolution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joyce, great idea. One cookbook a month ensures that we make thorough use of the information in the book. Get to enjoy a wide variety of food from main meals to desserts and snacks, too. Happy New Year 2016 to you. This Cookbook Countdown Event is a good start for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay yay yay! Finally one reason to drag out all my cookbooks!!! Thanks Joyce! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce, haha, this sounds interesting!!! Im definitely would be diligent with all my books left in the book shelves. Boy are they collecting alot of dust balls... :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joyce , Awesome idea ! It's about time I try out more recipes from my cookbooks ! But most of my cookbooks are baking books ! I've just realized that !LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this idea. So many cookbooks, so little time, so few meals!!! I'm probably in for February.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A friend and I share a magazine of Louisiana cooking. I don't guess we could use that as a cookbook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course you can! Look forward to have you sharing it with us at CC!

      Delete