Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sparkling Limeade : IHCC

It is "Nieves" time at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC)! "Nieve" is a Spanish term for snow and this week, IHCC  theme is, any refreshing cold treats, of course it must be a Rick Bayless recipe, as we are currently cooking from his recipes until September. 

With our hot and humid weather, any icy cold treats would be welcome anytime of the day! I was looking for some iced treats with lime, and spotted this at Frontera. And I have always love limes in any form of cold refreshments! Most of the time, whenever I'm at any restaurant,  I would usually go for either Iced Lime or Iced Lemon Tea, or any spritzy lime drink!


This Sparkling Limeade is a simple mixture of Sparkling Water, Lime Juice and Sugar. 


Though the recipe states that to use 1-1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, I only use 1/3 cup and it is already sour. Balance it off with some sugar and add in the sparkling water, pour into a glass with a few pieces of ice cubes and a couple of thinly sliced lime for garnish. And you would want to drink that up right away!  Well, I did.... after taking the photos!


Gulp....... aahhh.... so refreshing! I finished this glass as soon as I turned off my camera! 


Rick Bayless @IHCC button rounded

To see what other "Nieves" that everyone at IHCC has made, hop over to have a look! 

I'm sharing this too, with 


Sparkling Limeade
(source : Frontera, Rick Bayless)
Makes about 5 cups, serving 5 to 6
1/2 to 2/3 cup granulated sugar or evaporated cane juice
1-1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 to 10 limes)
1 quart sparkling water
ice cubes

  1. Mix 1/2 cup of the sugar with the lime juice in a glass pitcher and stir until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Add the sparkling water, stir and taste for sweetness; add more sugar if desired. Pour over ice and serve immediately.


16 comments:

  1. Eileen@Hundred Eighty DegreesTuesday, July 24, 2012

    Wow, I need that icy cold limeade :) Keeping that half glass for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joyce, that really looks good!
    Our temp now 32'c!!! I guess I might add in 2 fingers Gin, ha ha ha.
    For me, Summer, winter always iced coffee, ohhh and iced Chinese green tea....
    I must check this one out when go supermarket, then drink and think of you, ha ha.
    Have a nice day.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I was looking for to beat the summer heat. Thanks for posting this refreshing drink.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce, I am also a great fan of anything Iced lime or Iced lemon! Your drink looks so refreshing. I suddenly feel so thirsty looking at it... off to get a cold drink from the office pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, this is a drink that I could devour any time of year, and since limes (which are normally astronomically priced here) are quite plentiful I think I need to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very refreshing drink , Joyce ! Really great for these hot summer days ! Will definitely make that sometime ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a hot hot day like today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like this kind of lime fizzy drink. I also want some 'gulp and aahhh' now..how? go get a can of 100 plus first! see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be making a blueberry lime version of this water later today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We make a similar version...and it is my youngest sons absolute favorite drink anytime of the year. Love this - it looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, absolutely refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like the ultimate in refreshing. What a gorgeous drink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. After working in the yard all day, I could really use this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had a big glass of this right now--it looks so refreshing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete