Thursday, November 11, 2010

Angie's Pumpkin Yeast Bread and Mary's Zucchini Muffins

Pumpkin Yeast Bread
Made this delicious, soft bread a couple of weeks ago but never got round to post it! This recipe is from Angie's Recipes, as many of you already know, Angie's breads are all outrageously gorgeous, stunning, simply beautiful to look at. When I saw this pumpkin bread made by Angie, I simply got to try it. I followed the recipe exactly as given, except that I use instant yeast instead of fresh yeast. Angie advised to use about 7gm  of instant yeast. The result is a beautiful loaf of such gorgeous colour. I eat it plain with lots of butter and toasted it the next day spread with butter and jam. For the full recipe and beautiful pictures, please visit Angie's Recipe ~ Pumpkin Yeast Bread.






Zucchini Muffin
This recipe is from Mary at One Perfect Bite. I have seen many recipes using zucchini back in September, that I simply have got to try at least one. Zucchini is not a common everyday veggie over here in Malaysia. I have never tried zucchini before, even though I have seen them in TESCO.  There are lots of delicious zucchini recipes from so many of you, that I couldn't make up my mind which one to try! I finally chose this muffin from Mary who got it from King Arthur Flour.  It took me two whole weeks to find a zucchini! The morning market which I go to for my daily veggies does not sell zucchini. The only supermarket I found selling this is TESCO, but on two occasions that I went, the zucchini really have seen better days! They are not fresh and already starting to go soft. I finally found a very nice firm zucchini on one of my grocery shopping trips there. Bought it and made this muffin on that very day. These muffins are wonderful, they are really moist, soft and delicious. The only changes I did was to reduce the sugar to 140gm instead of 1 cup as indicated, but that's just my preference. For the full recipe, please visit Mary at One Perfect Bite ~ Zucchini Muffin.




Thank you Angie and Mary for sharing these two fabulous yummies!


******************************

CULINARY SMACKDOWN "LET'S GET TANGY WITH CITRUS" NOVEMBER 2010
For more details and to submit your entry please click here. Remember the challenge ends on November 29th, 2010 at 12.00 noon, Malaysian time. Good luck!

18 comments:

  1. Your bread and muffins both turned out beautifully and they both look like delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a yeast pumpkin bread before, I bet it's delicious! I'd love to try that, something different from the norm. I'd be eating it with lots of butter too! And those are delicious looking muffins. Perfect with a cup of my morning coffee. I'll have an entry to submit in a couple of days for your citrus smackdown. I'm making it tomorrow so hopefully it comes out good, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these look great, but the colour of that pumpkin bread is truly amazing - yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the mood for pumpkin! This recipe looks so yummy! I've never used yeast in a pumpkin bread before. Your bread looks light and moist...need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these and both looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing and for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin bread is beautiful! You are a very precise baker, much more so (and better :) ) than I am. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the bread and muffin looks really good. I remember ssoing them on Angie's and Mary's blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. both look so gorgeous and yummy! kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog.
    your recipes all always very original and yummy!
    Bravissima:)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Savoring Time In The Kitchen,
    Thank you. Both recipes are delicious!

    Hi Brenda,
    Thank you. I am really looking forward to your entry for the challenge!

    Hi C&C,
    Your are right, the colour of pumpkin really comes through to the bread, it is really amazing!

    Hi Rebecka,
    Thank you! Have a lovely day!

    Hi Marguerite,
    Thank you! And you're welcome! Have a nice day!

    Hi Melynda,
    Thank you for your sweet words! I don't think that I am better than you are! I have my "off-days" too sometimes! Have a nice day!

    Hi Biren,
    The ones on Angie's and Mary's blogs are even better than mine! Have a lovely day!

    Hi Mimosa Cafe,
    Thank you! Have a nice day!

    Hi Priya,
    Thank you! Have a lovely day!

    Hi Cucina di Barbara,
    Hello to you too! Thank you for your sweet words. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely surprise. I'm delighted you liked my muffins enough to share them with all your other readers. Thank you so much. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,
    The muffins are really moist and delicious. Thank you to you for sharing this with us! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, for the shout-out! I am glad the recipe turned out well.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. These both look wonderful! This reminds me that I need to do more baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Angie,
    Thank you for this fabulous recipie!

    Hi scrambledhenfruit,
    Thank you! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you prepared a pumpkin bread that wasn't a quick bread. Don't get me wrong - I love the ease and immediacy of a quick bread, but I love the idea of trying pumpkin in something a bit lighter that requires more time, love, and cultivation... Gotta try it, thanks for sharing all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They both look like they came out perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete